Credential Sharing Groups Are Not Automatically Updated In Repository After A Password Change
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.2 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the password has been changed for an application in a credential sharing group (CSG), the new value updates correctly on the local PC but does not get updated in the repository for all applications withing that CSG.
1. Configure a custom CSG
a. Add 2 applications (web or windows) to the group
b. For shared fields, share only the password
c. Set the option for 'key credential within group' to "Username"
4. Publish the applications to a repository
5. Launch LM ESSO and manually add credential for your first application
6. Manually add a credential for second app and note that it correctly pre-fills your
password once you enter same username as for first application
7. Change your password for the first application manually in the LM ESSO GUI
8. Note in LM ESSO GUI that second application also automatically updated as expected
9. Refresh LM ESSO to force synch
10. Close LM ESSO GUI and shutdown LM ESSO
11. Delete local LM ESSO cache (or alternatively, simply logon to a different PC as the same user )
12. Restart LM ESSO
13. In LM ESSO GUI, look at first and second appliation credentials -- you should see that second application no longer has the same password as the first app.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms