My Oracle Support Certification Tool for Oracle Fusion Middleware Products
(Doc ID 1368736.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
My Oracle Support Certification Tool for Oracle Fusion Middleware Products
The most common Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) certifications have been integrated within My Oracle Support Certification tool beginning September 30, 2011. Beginning with FMW 220.127.116.11 and other FMW 11g R2 releases (e.g., Forms & Reports, Identity Access Management) there is a concerted effort to load all FMW certifications into the MOS Certification tool. Going forward all Oracle Fusion Middleware product certifications will be available in My Oracle Support.
- The Certification Central Hub on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) is the primary certification resource for older FMW releases and an additional channel for release certifications after FMW 18.104.22.168. It includes comprehensive and maintained FMW certification matrices including adapters and WAS support. Going forward, this will also be used for a single source of truth for FMW certifications. The data in My Oracle Support is derived from these matrices.
- "My Oracle Support Certifications" (http://support.oracle.com, click Certifications tab) is a self-service certification application that is part of the My Oracle Support (MOS) ecosystem which provides a structured display of certification data. MOS Certifications includes the most common FMW certification details as highlighted in the scope below.
The MOS Certification tool is not a replacement for OTN Central Hub. It is an additional tool to access only the most common FMW certifications. MOS Certifications and OTN Certification Central Hub will co-exist and maintained together using the same data. Both may be used to look up FMW certifications, depending on your requirements. Going forward, all newer FMW product releases will be added to MOS, but older releases (e.g. 10g products) will not be added to MOS.
Use My Oracle Support Certifications
Before going to My Oracle Support and clicking the Certifications tab, you should first understand the scope of the new tool for Oracle Fusion Middleware products. It does not include all versions or all products. Availability of data through the new tool will be released over time for only the newest releases of Oracle Fusion Middleware products. After this initial phase, all FMW products will be listed for their new releases.
Scope of FMW Certifications on My Oracle Support
The current scope of MOS Certifications for Oracle Fusion Middleware are are displayed below by Product, Release, and Platform search criteria and available Certification Search Results. Products listed are available in FMW 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Beginning in 188.8.131.52 and FMW 11gR2 releases, all FMW products are available to query in MOS Certifications.
* Only use the above Product selections to obtain all possible certifications for 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
Oracle SOA Suite (SOA) Oracle WebCenter Suite (WC) Oracle Web Tier (OHS, HTTP) Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) Oracle Forms Oracle Reports Oracle Portal Oracle Discoverer Oracle Application Development Runtime (ADF) Oracle Identity and Access Management (IM, OIM, OAM, IDM) Oracle Internet Directory (OID) Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) Oracle Identity Federation (OIF) Oracle Directory Services Manager (ODSM) Oracle Authentication Services for OS (OAS4OS) Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
Oracle Identity Navigator (OIN)
Oracle Authorization Policy Manager (OAPM) Oracle Entitlements Server (OES)
* Use the same naming format for these newer product releases not listed above.
- 10.3.4.0, 10.3.5.0 (and newer)
- 18.104.22.168.0, 22.214.171.124.0, 126.96.36.199 (and newer)
- Platforms is an optional selection and depends on Product and Release selected. The default is "Any" to display all certified platforms.
Certification Search Results
- Java (JDK/JRE) - Oracle (HotSpot), JRockit, HP JDK, and IBM JDK
- Operating Systems
- Interoperability with Oracle products:
- Oracle Access Manager
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Fusion Applications
Comparing MOS Certifications and OTN Certification Central Hub
Oracle Fusion Middleware certifications cover a wide range of certification data with other Oracle and non-Oracle products, SOA Adapters, Interoperability, Exalogic, and other certification details. Since there is an option between OTN and MOS to look up certifications, the table provides sample usage guidelines:
Type of Certification OTN Central Hub MOS Certifications Comments JDK
* Non-Oracle DBs
* Web Server
* SOA Adapters
Coming soon to MOS OBIEE, EPM, ECM
IPv6 will not be loaded in MOS Virtualization
Coming soon to MOS
Example Method to Access My Oracle Support Certifications
Consistent with the above scope and comparison, the following provides an example method to obtain certifications for an Oracle Fusion Middleware product:
1. Go to: https://support.oracle.com and log in.
2. Click on the Certifications tab as shown below:
3. Select a desired Product and Release within the scope of certification. The below example uses "Oracle SOA Suite" and "188.8.131.52.0". The Platform choice is optional, this example will search for all certified platforms:
4. See the results after clicking the Search button:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. SOA Certifications
I have a SOA 10g installation on an older machine and investigating hardware and Oracle product upgrades. I will need certification details for SOA 10g (10.1.3) and SOA 11g (11.1.1), primarily the operating systems, Java and Oracle Databases. Which is the best place to look for this certification information, OTN or MOS?
All Oracle SOA Suite certification information can be found at the following location:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Supported System Configurations (Certification Central Hub)
Primary SOA document titles to look for:
- 11g: "System Requirements and Supported Platforms for Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR1"
- 10g: "System Requirements and Supported Platforms for Oracle SOA Suite and Application Adapters 10gR3"
Starting with the 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 releases, common certification details for SOA 11g is now also available on My Oracle Support by clicking the "Certifications" tab.
2. More Information - I Checked Certification, Whats Next?
I have used the Certification Central Hub and/or My Oracle Support tool to obtain certified operating systems, Java and Oracle Databases. Where do I go from here? Where can I find system requirements, compatibility with other Oracle products, download locations, and Installation Guides?
After checking certification details for your product and platform, the below documents should also be reviewed in the following order before installing your Oracle Fusion Middleware products:
Oracle Fusion Middleware System Requirements and Specifications
[ https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-requirements-100147.html ]
Compatibility & Interoperability Guide
[ https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1221/core/INTOP/understand_intop.htm#INTOP109 ]
Oracle Fusion Middleware: Download, Installation & Configuration Readmes
[ https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23104_01/download_readme.htm ]
Oracle Fusion Middleware Documentation Libraries
[ https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/index.html ]
See also for a single bookmark for all of the above plus new release and maintenance information:
<Note 1370970.1> FMW 11g System Requirements, Interoperability, and Download Readme Files
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|My Oracle Support Certification Tool for Oracle Fusion Middleware Products|
|Use My Oracle Support Certifications|
|Scope of FMW Certifications on My Oracle Support|
|Certification Search Results|
|Comparing MOS Certifications and OTN Certification Central Hub|
|Example Method to Access My Oracle Support Certifications|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|1. SOA Certifications|
|2. More Information - I Checked Certification, Whats Next?|