Time Fields In the Document Task Flow Content Profile Show GMT Regardless Of User Timezone
(Doc ID 1369017.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Documents uploaded via the Document Explorer task flow and a custom profile set the Date and Expiration Date to GMT, regardless of the Spaces or UCM profile user time zone.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Upload a new Word Document to a space from the Document Explorer task flow
- Checked the Date from the Document Explorer by clicking on Edit button under Advanced section.
8/26/11 10:54 AM
- Bring up Content Information for the same document from Content Server directly from Browser Content, and that shows the following date
8/25/11 11:54 PM
This means that there is an 11 hour difference between the 2 values.
- Set the following Expiration Date from the Document Explorer task flow also from Edit Advanced:
3/31/12 12:00 AM
- Refreshing Content Information from the same document shows the following Expiration Date:
3/30/12 1:00 PM
Again, there is 11 hours difference.
The Date command returned the following time for the time of uploading the document:
Fri Aug 26 06:54:99 EDT 2011
This means that WebCenter time is 4 hours ahead of the system time and UCM time is 7 hours behind the system time.
- Add the following line to <DOMAIN_HOME>/ucm/cs/config/config.cfg:
- Restart WC_Spaces and UCM_server1.
- Upload a new document from Document Explorer and notice that the difference between the WebCenter , the offsets from the system date became different for a new document:
Document Explorer Task Flow: 8/26/11 3:48 PM
UCM: 8/26/11 4:48 AM
Date on server: Fri Aug 26 07:48:13 EDT 2011
Even now, there is 11 hours difference between WebCenter time and UCM time, however, WebCenter time seems to be 8 hours ahead of system date, and UCM time seems to be 3 hours behind system date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document