NullPointerException Seen When Deleting A Network Listener On Oracle GlassFish Server 3.0.1
(Doc ID 1372822.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle GlassFish Server - Version 3.0.1 to 3.1.1 [Release 3.0 to 3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Oracle GlassFish Server 3.0.1 Admin Console, when you delete a http-listener whose http-protocol default virtual server as already been deleted, you will see a java.lang.NullPointerException reported in the server.log.
Steps to Reproduce the Exception:
1. Login to the GlassFish Server 3.0.1 Admin Console.
2. Add a new virtual server, by navigating to: Configuration -> Virtual Servers and click on the "New" button and enter the data below and click the "OK" button:
ID : virtualserver1
3. Navigate to the Network Config -> Network Listeners and click on the "New" button and enter the data below and clock the "OK" button:
Default Virtual Server: virtualserver1
4. Navigate back to the Virtual Servers, select "virtualserver1" and click the "Delete" button. The virtual server should no longer be listed in the list of virtual servers.
5. Navigate back to the Network Config -> Network Listener and select "http-listener-3" and click [Delete] button.
6. The Admin GUI reports that an error has occurred:
and the server's server.log contains a report of a java.lang.NullPointerException:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document