Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 (11.1.2) FAQ
(Doc ID 1373202.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 03-Sep-2013
Oracle Forms 11g Release 2 (11.1.2) was released in November of 2011. Here are some of the common questions regarding the release.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Questions and Answers|
|1. Is this similar to the Oracle Application Server Forms and Reports Services 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) Installation?|
2. Will there be an 11gR2 Portal and Discoverer installation?
3. What are the new features in Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2?
4. Can an 11g Release 1 Portal Forms Report Discoverer installation and an Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 installation work on the same machine?
|5. What is the difference between the new Development installation option and the Deployment installation option?|
6. Is it possible to convert a Development installation to a Deployment installation and vice versa?
7. Which version has more recent patches? 11g Release 1 (220.127.116.11) or 11g Release 2 (11.1.2)?
|8. Assuming the same Operating System and architecture, is it supported to move executable files (.fmx, .plx, .mmx, etc.) between 11g Release 1 and 11g Release 2?|
9. Is running Forms and Reports Builder on 64 bit machines supported in 11g Release 2?
10. What privileges are needed on MS Windows in order to install, run, and administer the 11g Release 2 installation?
|11. What version of Jacob should be used with webutil in 11g Release 2?|
|12. Will JSpell Spell Checker and other third party applications work with 11gRelease 2 Forms?|