Last updated on MAY 30, 2013
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Requirement is to remove the word 'Spaces' from the user interface and replace it with something else with the help of the following documentation:
35.3 Modifying or Translating Default Strings in Oracle® Fusion Middleware Administrator's Guide for Oracle WebCenter 11g Release 1 (220.127.116.11.0) Part Number E12405-15
However, when changing the string LABEL_CREATE_SPACE as per this process, the label of the "Create a Space" button does not change on the Spaces system page.
1. Locate the resource ID using Composer
- Login to WebCenter Spaces using an administrator user (example "weblogic").
- Enter the Administration pages of Webcenter Spaces
- Navigate to Pages> System Pages
- Find the Spacespage in the list and click the Customize button
- In Composer's left-top corner choose View> Source
- Click the "Create a Space" button, you intend to modify
- Confirm you want to edit the taskflow that contains this button by pressing the Edit button
- The currently selected item in the upper part of Composer will become commandToolbarButton: Create a Space. Now click the Edit button in Composer's toolbar and a dialog containing this button's properties will appear
- In this dialog you will see the Text property that references a LABEL_CREATE_SPACE property inside a (application or session scope) managed bean (oracle.webcenter.spaces.resource.SpacesResourceBundle) named uib_o_w_s_r_Spaces. Use this property as the key (or ID) for overwriting the text.
2. Download /webcenter/xliffBundles/** metadata files
For example use Enterprise Manager to call a MDS Bean method to export the metadata from MDS.
- Open Oracle EM webpage.
- Right click the [farm_name] > WebCenter> WebCenter Spaces> webcenter (18.104.22.168.0) and select the MDS Configuration option
- Browse to the Application Defined Beans> oracle.mds.lcm >Server: [server_name] >Application: webcenter >MDSAppRuntime >MDSAppRuntimebean and open the exportMetadata
- Execute this method with the following parameters by clicking the Invoke button:
- Now on the server in the folder /tmp/metadata/webcenter/xliffBundles you will notice a number of SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle*.xlf files
3. Edit all SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle*.xlf files
Use the following trans-unit code in each of these xlf files to make sure you do not encounter any issues with locale:
<source>Create something else</source>
- Open each of the *.xlf files and add the previous mentioned code inside the <body> tag
4. Upload back the resource files to MDS
- Using the same steps as described at 2.(Download /webcenter/xliffBundles/** metadata files), now, execute the importMetadataoperation with the following parameters:
- You can also check the results of invoke operation for export and import at the bottom of the page in section Return Value
It shows that the following files have been uploaded:
/webcenter/xliffBundles/SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle.xlf /webcenter/xliffBundles/SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle_de_DE.xlf /webcenter/xliffBundles/SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle_en.xlf /webcenter/xliffBundles/SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle_en_GB.xlf /webcenter/xliffBundles/SpacesSeedDataOverrideBundle_en_US.xlf
5. Review results
Navigate to the same system page as before (Spaces page) and check the label on the former "Create a space" button. You will notice that the text has not changed to "Create something else" as expected.
Note: Server restart was done just to make sure the application recognized this metadata change.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms