How Migration Sequence Order for the "Chosen" and "Constrained Candidate Servers" Fields Is Selected
(Doc ID 1376965.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customers have asked for clarification on how WebLogic Server determines what server to fail over to from the list of "Constrained Candidate Servers."
In particular, testing showed that the order of servers listed under "Constrained Candidate Servers" varies. For example, this sequence of events was tested:
- Created a new migratable target from console. (Environment -> Servers -> select a server -> Configuration -> Migration).
- MS1 is chosen as User Preferred Server.
- MS1, then MS2, then MS3 moved from Available to Chosen in "Constrained Candidate Servers" (so the order is MS1, MS2, MS3).
- MS2 moved from Chosen to Available.
- MS2 moved back from Available to Chosen (so the order now is MS1, MS3, MS2 in console); In config.xml the order is also MS1, MS3, MS2.
- Restarted the Admin Server.
- Observed in console that the order is now MS1, MS2, MS3 instead of MS1, MS3, MS2; In config.xml the order remains MS1, MS3, MS2.
Does WLS choose the server to which to fail over in the order that is presented in the console? The order that is listed in config.xml? That is, in this example, does WLS fail over to MS2 first or MS3 first?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document