File Download Using HTTPS Protocol With IE 8 Via Webcache Fails With "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage"
(Doc ID 1377481.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2020
Applies to:Web Cache - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue reported was "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage".
- Issue was reproduced with file download testcase.
- Download of 5MB or larger files using HTTPS protocol with IE 8 via Webcache 18.104.22.168 results in error:
Unable to download <filename> from <server name>.
The connection with the server was reset
Error does not reproduce with following conditions:
- Files smaller that 5MB.
- Other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE 7.0
- HTTP protocol
1. Create testfile. (Filename extension "xls" is used so IE will prompt to save and download the file)
dd if=/dev/zero of=large.xls bs=1M count=560
2. Access large.xls and select save file option to reproduce error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document