WebCenter Session Times Out While Navigating inside .NET Application Embedded as Web Page
(Doc ID 1377748.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a page (Web Page) in a Space in WebCenter Spaces.
The Web Page calls a custom .NET application deployed on an IIS server.
Both WebCenter and the .NET application are protected by the same OAM SSO.
While only navigating inside the .NET application on the Web Page in WebCenter Spaces the WebCenter session times out.
Ideally, the WebCenter session should not timeout if the user is accessing the application inside the WebCenter page.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Have a custom .NET application deployed on IIS.
2. Have a WebCenter Spaces.
3. Protect Spaces and the .NET application by the same OAM SSO.
4. Create a new Web Page style page in WebCenter and point it to the custom .NET application.
5. Notice that the .NET application logs in automatically as it receives the session information from the browser.
6. Navigate iniside the .NET application on the Web Page without accessing any native WebCenter links for an hour.
7. Click on a WebCenter link and notice that the session has timed out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document