WebLogic Server JMS Migratable Target's Post and Pre Migration Script Fails to Run
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-Jan-2014***
ServiceMigration is failing because pre- and post- scripts fail to execute when the path for it is given from the console. To replicate this problem, follow these instructions:
- Create a domain with Administration Server and 2 managed servers (MS1 and MS2).
- Create a cluster and add the two managed servers created in step 1.
- Create a Machine and associate the 3 previously created servers to it.
- Start Admin Server
- Login into Administration console and navigate to the following location: Environment -> Clusters -> ClusterName -> Migration.
- Locate the dropdown Migration Basis and change its value to Consensus.
- Save changes.
- Navigate to the following location to create a JMS Server, targeted to MS1: Environment -> Services -> Messaging -> JMS Servers.
- Create a new JMS Server by clicking on new.
- Create a File store and target the File store to the Migratable target (MS1). This will request a physical path where the filestore will be stored.
- Once the File Store gets created, select the newly created filestore as the Persistent Store for the JMS server. Later, select from the drop down, the MS1 (migratable) option as target for the newly created JMS Server.
- Click on finish to finalize the JMS Server creation.
- Navigate to Environment -> MigratableTargets.
- Select the migratable target MS1 and navigate to tab Configuration -> General
If you choose Database in step 6, you need to have 'Database' configured at your end. If this is not in place, an exception like the one below will be thrown:
The scripts are placed in $ORACLE_HOME/user_projects/domains/ServiceMigration/bin/service_migration. When preScript.py or postScript.py are specified in the console, the scripts fail to run and the service migration fails. However, the same script works as expected when run as java weblogic.WLST preScript.py.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms