Roles And Permissions Defined In Spaces Are Not Being Inherited In Discussion Form When Using Sub-Spaces
(Doc ID 1387635.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 20-Nov-2013
Discussion forum permissions on a group space are not being inherited in a sub-space.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to WebCenter Portal as weblogic user.
- Create a space topspace of type Private, and use the Discussion Site template.
- Create a sub-space low1space and select to inherit permissions
- Add 2 users testuser1 and testuser2.
- Give testuser1 Participant privileges on topspac.
- Give testuser2 Viewer privileges on topspace.
- As weblogic user create discussion threads in topspace and low1space.
- As testuser1 try to reply to the discussion thread in topspace -- works fine.
- As testuser1 try to reply to the discussion thread in low1space -- Error seen in browser "Forum not accessible". However the sub-space is visible.
It seems that the privileges are being passed down to the sub-space but not on to the Forum.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document