Metadata Only Profile Rule Does Not Work When Adding Content to New Folio; Error: "The content item must have a primary file"
(Doc ID 1388131.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to check in content from a Folio whose content profile has the Metadata Only option enabled, the Folio still requires a primary file.
The following error is displayed to the user:
The content item must have a primary file.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a Rule with an activation condition --> Side Effects of:
- Create a Content Profile and associate the above rule to the profile.
- Create a Folio Template and save it under that profile.
- Create a New Folio based on the above template.
- Right click on the node in Folio --> Insert item for check in.
- In the Check In form, there is no Metadata Only checkbox, and the primary file is required.
Note that when you use that profile and go to the New Checkin page for that profile (outside of Folios), the Metadata Only checkbox is displayed on the checkin form, and you are able to check in a file without a primary file.
It is expected that this same rule apply when adding content by checkin to a new Folio using that profile.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document