ADF Error when Attempting to Edit a Custom Dashboard Report in the Workspace
(Doc ID 1388772.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Business Process Management Suite - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A NullPointerException arises consistently when attempting to Edit two Workspace panels at the same time.
The steps A, B, C (see below) consistently trigger the following NPE and a ADF_FACES_60097 error dialog that is displayed to the workspace user.
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
The ADF error shows a message like the following:
The problem can be reproduced when following these steps:
1) Unzip the BTestApp2 and deploy it to your BPM server.
2) Assign a user to the role Sifter, another to the role Researcher and another to the role Process Owner.
3) Fire off some test instances via FMW EM, the payload content is irrelevant.
4) Approve/Reject a combination of tasks (first you need the Sifter and then the Researcher).
5) Add the privilege BPMWorkfloAdmin to the user with Process Owner role.
6) With this user, log in to workspace and create a Page.
7) Add two dashboards to this Page (see Snapshot1.png and Snapshot2.png)
8) Apply the changes.
9) Edit, create a custom layout and assign the layout to a role (here you will notice that only one role is available, which is a different defect). Apply changes.
10) Create another Page and add a couple of dashboards (any will do). Apply changes. At this time both pages should be on view mode (not Edit).
11) Now, to reproduce the issue you will need to have one page in Edit mode, then switch to the other page and try to Edit that second page.
For example, once the the environment is started, after having everything created, the issue can be reproduced as follows:
A) Set Page 1 in Edit mode (if changes are applied now it works just fine, but let's leave it on Edit mode).
B) Switch to Page 2 and click on Edit. The first time you click nothing happens (which is not the expected outcome).
C) Click a second time on Edit in page 2 and the NPE error occurs.
So, trying to have 2 pages on Edit simultaneously is what triggers the problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document