Custom User Attributes Disappears From "Configuration - User Attributes" Page
(Doc ID 1390923.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2021
Applies to:Identity Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Several custom user attributes created from the OIM administration web console (188.8.131.52.2 and 184.108.40.206.4 were tested) have disappeared from the admin page and can not be recreated because the system says they already exist but in practice they are not available.
Message displayed in the UI when trying to recreate the attribute:
The issue can be reproduced as follows:
In the OIM UI go to Advanced Admin | Configuration | User Configuration | User Attributes
1. Create two extra attributes in the Custom Attribute section, eg. USR_UDF_<FIELD1> and USR_UDF_<FIELD2>
2. Swap the ordering so that 1st becomes 2nd and 2nd becomes 1st
3. Move the new 1st one to another category
4. Go back to the Custom Attribute section (the one that was 2nd will now have gone)
Try and add it back in:
- Attribute "USR_UDF_<FIELD1>" already exists message in the UI.
- Furthermore if you move out any remaining attributes to another section and create a new one then this is not visible either.
- Checking the USR table in the OIM DB shows that the attributes are all present as new columns in that table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document