Fields Are Reset When Clicking On "Back to Previous Page", After Providing An Invalid Value
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Content Server 11gR1 on Linux
End users are using Internet Explorer to connect to the Content Server User interface.
When an invalid value is provided for example for an 'int' field, when trying to check-in the content, an error is reported. When clicking on the 'Back to previous page' button, the information entered previously in the fields are reset and lost. All information need to be entered again by the user.
Steps to reproduce:
- Using Internet Explorer, login to Content Server
- Go to New Checkin (optionally select a profile)
- Enter an invalid number into an Integer field
- Click on Checkin
- This results in :
Error Content item '....' was not successfully checked in. The value 'xx' in field 'intfield' is not an integer
- Click on "Back to Previous Page" button
- The Check in Form displays again, but all fields that were previously populated are now empty.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms