Skin of the Space Lost after Restarting Spaces
(Doc ID 1392819.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Skin is lost upon Spaces restart if skinExtends parameter is set to the id of another custom skin.
The problem only occurs if the name of the skin that is extended appears later in the alphabetical order than the name of the extending skin.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new global skin under Administration called Peter Global Spaces Skin based on WebCenter Spaces FX
2. Create a global skin under Administration called ABCSpaceSkin based on Peter Global Spaces Skin
3. Select Edit Proterties for the Peter Global Skin. Copy the skinid property to the clipboard
4. Select the Edit Proterties for the ABCSpaceSkin. Replace the value "webcenter-fusion.desktop" with the copied skinid of Peter Global Skin in the skinExtends property for ABCSpaceSkin.
5. Apply Peter Global Spaces Skin at the Application level and ABCSpaceSkin at the custom Space level
At this stage all works fine, and the skins are applied correctly.
6. Restart Spaces
7. At this stage still Peter Global Spaces Skin is correctly used for the Home space but the style for the custom Space coming from ABCSpaceSkin is completely lost
8. Rename the skin to SpaceSkinXYZ
At this stage the style for the custom Space coming from ABCSpaceSkin is still lost
9. Restart Spaces
At this stage the skin SpaceSkinXYZ is applied correctly to the space
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document