Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.50 to 8.53 [Release 8.4]
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3 to 10.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Oracle Smart Update Utility (BSU) does not show any available patches even though the patch files were downloaded to the BSU cache_dir file.
STEPS TO RECREATE
The issue can be recreated with the following steps:
1. Download patch information (XXX.jar and patch-catalog_9999.xml) from My Oracle Support and place it in the SmartUpdate cache directory (<MW_HOME>/utils/bsu/cache_dir)
2. Launch the Smart Update Utility as follows:
a) cd <MW_HOME>/utils/bsu/
b) Run "bsu.cmd" (for Windows) or "bsu.sh" (for Unix/Linux)
c) The Patch (that was downloaded in step 1) should be displayed in the 'Downloaded Patches' section at bottom of page. But it is not displayed.
If running Smart Update in debug mode, the debug log shows an error when "getting patchcatalog". This can be seen as follows:
1. Go to <MW_HOME>/utils/bsu/
2. Run SmartUpdate in debug mode as follows:
bsu.sh -log=bsu.debug (for Unix/Linux)
bsu.cmd -log=bsu.debug (for Windows)
3. After the Smart Update Utility is loaded, and you see that there is nothing displayed in 'Download Patches', then exit out of the utility
4. Then open the debug log (eg bsu.debug) and at end of log, you'll see there is a message that no patch catalogs are available. Example:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms