How to Carry out Debug Tracing of Whole Server Migration Failover for FMW 11g
(Doc ID 1404243.1)
Last updated on MAY 01, 2023
Oracle Fusion Middleware High Availability - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g] Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article applies to any FMW 11g product, which has been configured to use Whole Server Migration in a High Availability setup.
This guide assumes the following:
1. The reader is conversant with the concepts of Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) 11g High Availability (HA) and WebLogic Server (WLS) whole server migration, as well as the specific steps to configure HA for an FMW product such as SOA, Enterprise Content Management, Oracle Identity Manager, etc.
2. An attempt has been made to build an HA configuration of FMW 11g following the High Availability Guide or one of the product-specific Enterprise Deployment Guides (EDGs).
3. The chosen configuration involves setting up whole server migration.
4. Initial configuration attempts were only partially successful. The managed servers in the cluster can be started but failover is not occurring.
5. Attempts to address outstanding problems following the initial troubleshooting steps in
Troubleshooting Whole Server Migration Setup for Fusion Middleware 11g (<Note 1103610.1>)
have been attempted, but did not fully resolve the problem.
This guide goes further and attempts to step through the whole server migration process using detailed tracing and examining what entries expected to be written to each log file at specific steps in the migration process. It also shows how to monitor the database leasing table and the network interface.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!