WebCenter Navigation Model Generates 404 When Accessing Links To Secured Pages
(Doc ID 1413274.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
NAVIGATION MODEL GENERATES 404 WHEN ACCESSING LINKS TO SECURED PAGES
This scenario might occur when customers implement a portal where the portal will be a partially secured site. The use case is following:
- 90% of the pages are public.
- 10% is secured and requires login.
- Users are expected to hit a link through portal navigation links/friendly URLs where authentication is required.
The link is not available if the navigation model is referencing a secure page. Result will be no rendering of the navigation item and if the user types in the link to the page it generates a 404 error.
Expected result is a request for authentication through the /adfAuthentication.
1. Create a portal with a link based navigation model.
2. Add one or more links to public available pages.
3. Add a page that is secure to the navigation model.
4. Run the portal.
5. The public links will only show. The customer must be able to show secured links as well.
6. Type in the friendly url to the secured link.
7. Portal returns with 404 http error. This is stopping a healthy security scenario, even with Oracle Access Manager (OAM) configuration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document