Unable To Save Large Text In Edit Page Template
(Doc ID 1437626.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 4.1.1.00.23 and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading Apex from 3.1 to 4.1.1, no longer able to update or save the code in a page template header that is over 40,000 characters long.
Steps to reproduce :
1. Select any application you may have access to and go to the "Shared Components"
2. From this page go to "Templates"
3. On the Templates page select create and then select to create a page and select the "from scratch"
4. Put in a name for the page and select a theme and for template class you can use "Custom"
5. Once this page is created, please paste in the contents in "Definition - Header" section and try to save
(Home-->Application Builder-->Application 20057-->Shared
Components--->Templates-->Edit Page Template) :
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document