Users Can Only Be Found by Searching UserID or DisplayName, But Cannot Be Found by Searching Firstname or Lastname
(Doc ID 1437667.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When searching for people either through workflow approver or user filtering on search, people cannot be found by name, but userID only.
For example, the <USER_ID> has first/last name ",FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME>". Searching for "jFIRST_INITIAL_LASTNAME>", finds the user. If searching for "<FIRSTNAME>", or "<LASTNAME>", the user is not returned.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a space, access the document explorer
2. Click a folder - Property - file to open Workflow Settings
3. Select a workflow name, then click Add Approvers
4. In the Search box of the popup window, search a user by providing the display name
5. Search the same user by providing the username
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document