Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2012
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When searching for people either through workflow approver or user filtering on search, people cannot be found by name, but userID only.
For example, the user id "jsmith" has first/last name "John Smith". Searching for "jsmith", finds the user. If searching for "John", or "Smith", the user is not returned.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a space, access the document explorer
2. Click a folder - Property - file to open Workflow Settings
3. Select a workflow name, then click Add Approvers
4. In the Search box of the popup window, search a user by providing the display name
5. Search the same user by providing the username
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms