Cannot Send Email To An Address Containing Apostrophe
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 30-Oct-2013
Sending an email to an address with containing an apostrophe the e-mail cannot be sent.
How To Reproduce it:
- Create a user that has an apostrophe in his email address (e.g. Scott.Oemail@example.com) or just set the email address of an existing user with an address that contains an apostrophe.
- Add the user to a group space as a member in any form (participant,moderator...).
- Add the Member List component in any page of that group space.
- Use the feature to send an email to the member by clicking on the envelope icon.
- As a result the outlook will not open and on the screen nothing happens.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms