Last updated on APRIL 29, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If anyone of your RAC database instances is down from the Multi datasource your OAM servers will fail to startup correctly. Or in case you have an environment with a primary RAC and a standby database in a different datacenter. When you add a Multidatasource (with failover) in the WLS console and point on to the primary RAC and the other DataSource to the standby database. The OAM servers will not come up anymore until you untarget the standby datasource.
Shutdown OS of your second node of RAC database or add standby database to the existing datasource by following below mentioned steps to add standby database.
1) Backup your complete domain directory.
2) In Weblogic console. Goto Services --> Data Sources.
3) Make note of data source jdbc/oamds configurations. Currently it would have configuration with Algorithm type as Load-Balancing.
4) Create a new data source of type Generic.
5) Make sure that this new Data Source is deployed on Targets Admin Server and OAM Cluster or Managed Servers.
6) Test database connections in this JDBC data source are successful and in Running state.
7) Goto your jdbc/oamds configuration. Add this newly created data source from the list of Data Sources. Now you should have 3 data sources listed.
8) Now shutdown anyone of the primary RAC databases. You will find that OAM server stops to work.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms