WCI Portal: Unable to Update Dynamic Groups Using the 'Not In' Group Rule
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Interaction - Version 6.5.0 to 10.3.3.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In WCI Portal, the Dynamic Membership Update Agent does not process some new portal users who are subject to 'membership exception' rules, until the groups involved have been marked as stale. A set of reproduction steps follows -
1. Set up two dynamic groups. Each has one rule, and that rule is users do not belong to a specified static group (a different static group specified in each of the dynamic group rules).
2. Preview the rule, and see a correct list of users.
3. Add a new user, and leave them as a member of the everyone group. The user is not a member of the static groups, which should trigger their membership of the dynamic groups.
4. Run the dynamic membership update agent and observe that the agent does not add the user to the dynamic groups.
7. Navigate to one of the dynamic groups and the rules page, run the preview again and see that the new user appears in the list of users.
8. Click on the Finish button to exit the group.
9. Observe in the user's details that they are a member of the dynamic group.
The expected result is that the user should be added to both dynamic groups after the first run of the agent following that user's creation.
The actual result is that new users are not added to the correct set of dynamic groups (without manual intervention) in a timely fashion. It can be up to a week before the the dynamic groups will be marked as stale and have their memberships updated correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms