DIP 11g Fails With "Credential Not Found" or "Invalid Credentials" Error
(Doc ID 1467176.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 11.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FMW 11gR1 Oracle Internet Directory (OID) 11g with Directory Integration Platform (DIP) fails to run due to "Credential not found" or "Invalid Credentials" error.
1. For "Invalid Credentials" error DIP fails to start and the wls_ods1-diagnostic.log entries show "Connection to LDAP server failed - Check configuration of DIP server." then "javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials]".
Example log entries:
Steps to reproduce
1. Start WebLogic AdminServer in the Identity Management Domain where DIP is configured.
2. Start the Oracle Internet Directory (OID) processes using OPMN.
3. Start the wls_ods1 managed server.
4. Check any of the DOMAIN_HOME/servers/wls_ods1/logs/wls_ods1* files, see the "Credential not found" or "Invalid Credentials" error is reported.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document