Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Weblogic Server - Version 10.3.4 to 188.8.131.52
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an empty JNDI name element exists in the JDBC config file, the admin server process will crash with no error message. Below is the test to reproduce the crash:
- Create a datasource with a JNDI name.
- Target the datasource to the managed server.
- Remove the JNDI name from the JDBC config file (i.e.,
- Restart the domain.
- Try to display the managed server's JNDI tree.
- The admin server's java process terminates without any information in the server log. No dump/core file is created.
The same result was observed on WLS 10.3.4, 10.3.5, 10.3.6, and 12.1.1. Also note that the admin server dies only in production mode. In development modes an OutOfMemoryError occurs instead.
WLS was upgraded from 10.3.0 to 10.3.4.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms