Webcenter Session Times Out when Only Navigating inside the Pagelet
(Doc ID 1473600.1)
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WebCenter session management is not integrated with Pagelet Producer's session management.
When exposing a 3rd party Portal in a WebCenter page using a Pagelet Producer then when only clicking in the 3rd party Portal inside the Pagelet, then the WebCenter session times out.
The expected behavior is that WebCenter tracks the clicks inside the 3rd party application through the Pagelet Producer and hence the session does not time out.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new pagelet in Pagelet Producer. Check Refresh inline.
- Add this new pagelet to a WebCenter page.
- Open the page in view mode.
- Click inside the pagelet several times over a period of an hour.
- Despite the regular clicks inside the pagelet, the WebCenter page times out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!