Validation Errors In WebCenter Portal's CSS
(Doc ID 1479445.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.8 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CSS Generated by WebCenter Portal reports 47 CSS Level 3 validation errors at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator (Note: Third Party Sites are not supported by Oracle Support Services)
The expectation is to not get any errors, or if there are errors then make sure those errors are benign.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a custom WebCenter Portal app
2. Create and apply custom skins
3. Run the Portal
4. There is a CSS file generated by WebCenter Portal called something like portal_desktop_enlvix_ltr_gecko_cmp.css.
Download this file to your local drive
5. Access the CSS Validator at
6. Click on More Options
7. Set the profile to CSS level 3
8. Browse to the locally saved CSS
9. Click on Check
Notice the 47 validation errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document