Validation Errors In WebCenter Portal's CSS
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CSS Generated by WebCenter Portal reports 47 CSS Level 3 validation errors at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator.
The expectation is to not get any errors, or if there are errors then make sure those errors are benign.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a custom WebCenter Portal app
2. Create and apply custom skins
3. Run the Portal
4. There is a CSS file generated by WebCenter Portal called something like portal_desktop_enlvix_ltr_gecko_cmp.css.
Download this file to your local drive
5. Access the CSS Validator at
6. Click on More Options
7. Set the profile to CSS level 3
8. Browse to the locally saved CSS
9. Click on Check
Notice the 47 validation errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms