How To Create a Portal Page with User Friendly URL at Run-Time Just as at Design-Time?
(Doc ID 1481279.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Pages created via WebCenter runtime Administration Console do not provide an option to specify the Page ID (only Page Name) unlike when creating them in JDeveloper. The auto generated Page IDs (in Admin. Console) are not human readable and difficult to use in custom programming/linking.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Create a simple Webcenter Application in JDeveloper.
- Add a new page and/or a sub page to the application.
Notice, have an option to specify both the Page Name and the Page ID.
- Deploy the application to a custom managed server in a Webcenter installation or to the DefaultDomain in the integrated WLS.
- Access the Home page and login as admin user.
- Navigate to the WebCenter Portal Administration Console by clicking on the "Administration" link in the deployed application or using the URL below:
- Create a new Page and/or a Sub Page.
Notice, there is no option to specify the Page ID (as noted in Step 2).
This poses a problem because the page can be accessed using the Page ID (and not the Page Name) or the Direct URL (from "About page" properties).
Default home page: http://.../portalapp/faces/pages_home
Sub Page in home page:
New page: http://.../portalapp/faces/pages_Page307b33ca_137de34da23__7ffe
Should the WebCenter Portal Administration Console provide an option to specify a Page ID just as it does in JDeveloper (consistency), then this alleviates issues where URLs need to used/linked in the application.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|