Blob does not render correctly from Template, but does when clicking "View This Item" from asset inspect screen
(Doc ID 1483697.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 7.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Observed an unusual behaviour with blobs
- create an asset with a blob attribute
- create a Template which displays a link to download the associated blob media
- the blobserver link doesn't work (IE downloads as "Satellite.pdf", Chrome displays a blank page or an icon)
- even using "view this item" on the inspect page of the asset doesn't work (Note, this link is NOT clicked)
However, the same blob and the same code renders correctly following these steps:
- edit/Save the same asset without modifying anything
- click on "view this item" to display the blob, which appears correctly
- render the Template to see the same blob, and it works
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document