WCC 11g Filter by Category on Search Result Page not Showing Custom Metadata Field Labels Correctly
Last updated on MAY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The search results screen shows the metadata field name labels in the "Filter By Category" bar incorrectly.
The values in the Filter By Category have the name of the database columns and not the Names configured in the Component Manager.
This only affects custom metadata fields. Existing default metadata fields show the correct name labels correctly.
1. Login to the Content Server.
2. Create test metadata fields with names TestOne and TestTwo > click on Update Database Design.
3. Run a collection rebuild.
4. Set the two new fields to show on the Filter By Category navigation bar.
A. Go to Administration > Admin Applets > Configuration Manager.
B. Go to the 'Advanced Search Design' button.
C. Mark the two new custom metadata fields with the "Is a filter category".
5. Check in a document with a value for TestOne and TestTwo metadata fields.
6. Restart UCM Server.
7. Perform a search or a quick search to see the Search Results page.
8. Note the Filter By Category shows the values: xTestOne and xTestTwo. It should be TestOne and TestTwo.
New Installation with Oracle Text Search as index engine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms