Adf Business Components Validation Exceptions Do Not Show Up In Webcenter Spaces
(Doc ID 1486191.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An ADF application exposed as a taskflow has been integrated in WebCenter Portal (Spaces).
All works fine, except the JBO validation messages which in standalone application or custom WebCenter portal sites work but in WebCenter Portal (Spaces) instead of getting the messages we get the generic unknown exceptions.
Step to reproduce the issue:
1) Create an ADF taskflow with ADF page fragments and ADF BC model components
2) Create custom validitions on an entity attribute with a custom error message (use "Script Expression" type)
3) Create an ADF Library containing the taskflow
4) Deploy the ADF library to WebLogic server "WLS_Spaces" in a shared library
5) Create and deploy a Webcenter spaces customization to include the taskflow into the group space resource catalog.
6) Add the taskflow to a group space page in Webcenter Spaces.
7) Enter incorrect values (to fail the entity attribute validation created in 2) in the taskflow and try commit.
In WebCenter Portal (Spaces) a generic exception is displayed: "Unknow Exception"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|