Cannot Deploy A Web Service Application If The DAS Has No Http-listeners Defined on Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.1 (build 12)
(Doc ID 1488763.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2022
Applies to:Oracle GlassFish Server - Version 3.1.1 and later
## Application Server Version ###
Version = Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.1 (build 12), JRE version 1.7.0
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Configure the domain with DAS, config-nodes, cluster and instance:
Domain Administration Server (DAS) on Server1
Configured Node-1 on Server1
Configured Node-2 on Server2
Create Instance1 on Node-1
Create Instance2 on Node-2
2. Deploy a sample HelloWordWS.war to the cluster
--> result ok
3. Undeploy the sample HelloWordWS.war
4. Remove http-listener and https-listener from DAS (these listeners are not needed, because the application is deployed to the cluster)
5. Restart All
6. Deploy the application to the cluster
--> Observe NullPointerException as shown below:
It is observed that with a target of Cluster (not 'server'), the deployment of a Web Service application ends up with a NullPointerException which points to the lack of HTTP listeners in the DAS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document