Java CORBA Client IIOP Request Indefinitely Waiting for Response from Tuxedo Server
(Doc ID 1493410.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 10.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Java CORBA Client invoking Tuxedo CORBA objects in transaction mode remains blocked : transaction time-out does not occur.
- Problem suspected to be in ISH not returning that transaction time-out has occurred.
- A workaround exists if using IBM JVM.
To reproduce the problem:
JAVA CORBA client connecting to a Tuxedo CORBA application.
1. Creating CosTransactions.Control object to start a transaction
2. Time-out set up to 20 seconds
3. Invoking a method on a remote CORBA object published by Tuxedo CORBA
4. CORBA object lasts more than 20 seconds (to simulate it, sleep() function can be invoked)
5. Nothing happens : client remains blocked
On JAVA client side :
Extract of a thread dump generated on JAVA client side :
To be noted : IIOP client transaction Begin is marked (Bgn = 1) but is neither Committed (Cmmt = 0) nor Aborted (Abrt = 0).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document