Last updated on APRIL 03, 2015
Applies to:Beehive - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release Release 2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Does not apply to Beehive version 184.108.40.206
Java client is no longer available with 220.127.116.11
Beehive 2.0.1.x JavaFX conferencing using Windows XP and IE8.
When trying to join a Beehive webconference using JavaFX, after deinstalling JRE7, the user is unable to join.
The join button launches the jnlp download which prompts to save the file or choose a program to open the file.
Steps to reproduce:
- on a system where there are multiple JRE versions installed, uninstall JRE7 or other non functioning JRE which was previously set to default.
- Navigate to the Beehive conferencing URL, e.g. http://stbeehive.oracle.com/bconf
- Enter the conference id and key, then press join.
- Select to use javaFX and login
- Press the "join" button on the conference page.
- Observe popup to save the file or launch with program from the web.
- Select save file.
- Conference does not launch.
Due to this issue, user is unable to join a web conference with javaFX.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms