The WebCenter Spaces Integrated Search Does Not Handle Diacritics As Expected.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The WebCenter Spaces integrated search does not handle diacritics as expected.
A search term that contains diacritics does not yield the same search results as the same search term that does not contain diacritics using the WebCenter Spaces integrated search.
The search term “Belgie” does not yield the same search results as the search term “België”.
Two groupspaces were found but no UCM-documents.
One groupspace was found and an UCM-document.
Since the user will probably be inclined to use “Belgie” as a search term and therefore the UCM-document will not appear in the search result despite that it is relevant.
If “België” is used as a search term the user will also miss a relevant search result, namely the groupspace with the name “Belgie” is not found.
Can the integrated search be configured to handle diacritics as expected, e.a. that “Belgie” return the same results as “België”?
Steps To Reproduce:
- Create two groups in Webcenter Spaces:
One with the name “Belgie” and one with the name “België”.
- Add two documents to one of the groups in Webcenter Spaces.
- Add a new wiki document or upload a document.
- Make sure one the text or the title of one document contains the word “België” and in the other document the text or the title contains the word “Belgie”.
- Search term “Belgie” (or “belgie”) will yield both groups you have created and only the document “Belgie”.
Expected to also find the document “België”.
- Search term “België” (or “belgië”) will yield only the second group and the document “België”.
Expected to find all groups and all documents.
- Both cases like to find both groups and both documents.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms