Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to perform a password reset the following error occurs;
"Server is not available due to security reasons. Please contact your system admin."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) client.
2. Install Oracle Waveset 8.1.1
3. Update the registry entries on widnows xp workstation for the status and reset URL entries.
4. Restart the windows workstation. After the reboot, click on the "Password Reset button"
5. The SSPR client opens up the KIOSK window and display the password reset that is specified in the resetURL in the system registry
6. Enter the userID and click on "Forgot your password?" button. you see the "security error pop-up"
Due to this issue, users cannot reset their password within the Oracle Waveset product from the SSPR Client.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms