WLS Console Deployment Fails With "An application with this name already exists" for multiple library versions
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On WebLogic 10.3.5 onwards, when attempting to deploy multiple versions of the same library using the Administration Console, the process gets canceled with this error message:
This issue happens only with the Administration console and will not be rediscovered if an alternative deployment procedure is used (like the weblogic.deployer). To reproduce the problem, just deploy a new version of a given library or follow these detailed steps.
- Deploy the "n" version of a library using the Administration Console.
- Go to the Deployments section of the Admin Console and click on Install.
- For the "Choose targeting style" phase, select "Install this deployment as a library."
- For the "Optional Settings" phase, you could leave the default option for Source accessibility or select "copy the application onto every target."
- Click on Next.
- Finish the process.
- Create a copy of the library WAR file previously used.
- Modify the MANIFEST.MF file included in META-INF directory for the library WAR file by incrementing the Implementation-Version tag from "n" to "n+1"
- Library file gets updated.
- Perform the same deployment process for the "n+1" library.
- Repeat deployment tasks described in step 1.
- Deployment fails on step 1d.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms