Despite Delivery Channel Message Type Field Setting JMS Message Always Delivered in Byte Format
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle SOA Platform - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle SOA Platform – B2B (Business to Business) - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, B2B Engine
Regardless of the Message Type setting for a JMS delivery channel, B2B is posting a byte message on the JMS topic.
B2B should take note of the actual setting and post the correct message type to the JMS topic like it does for a JMS queue.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In WebLogic Admin Console, create a JMS topic and corresponding connection factory under SOAJMSModule.
2. Create a durable subscriber to the topic.
3. In the B2B Console, update the JMS delivery channel with the JMS resources.
4. Set Message Type to Bytes.
5. Deployment agreement.
6. Create and enable a file listening channel to send the test file.
7. Post test file to listening channel.
8. Confirm business message is created successfully.
9. Check JMS topic message and find that a byte message appears as expected.
10. Change JMS delivery channel Message Type to Text and redeploy agreement.
11. Post test file to listening channel and check topic to find a byte message appears, even though the delivery channel is configured for Text.
12. Testing with Message Type Map again will show a byte message on the topic.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms