Remote EJB client fails with "weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: No message was received for: '240' seconds"
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.3 to 10.3.6
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 1-Apr-2015***
In WLS 10.3.3, when an EJB method returns a huge result to client (standalone Java Client), the call gets timed out and the client is unable to get the result back. The remote client connects to server using T3 protocol. In more detail:
- A JEE-client calls an EJB server-method to get some data (about 500MB).
- The EJB server-method (WLS) collects the data (e.g. from the database, on this example it was a large String Object) and tries to send the data back to the client.
- After a a certain time, no more data will be transferred.
- The client still waits for more data and after a certain time (depending on configuration), the client gets the following exception:
The stack trace from below is from the JEE client calling an EJB server-method (1), throwing the exception:
Attempting to resolve this issue from EJB deployment descriptors does not solve the issue:
- Setting <remote-client-timeout> in ejb deployment descriptor for remote t3 clients does not help and issue persists.
Setting the following -D flags in WLS does not help either:
- -Dweblogic.system.periodLength=<some large value>
- -Dweblogic.system.idlePeriodsUntilTimeout=<some large value>
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms