WebLogic Portal (WLP) Propagation Creates Duplicate Portlets in the Destination Environment
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Portal - Version 10.3.2 to 10.3.5 [Release AS10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After propagating from a source to a destination environment, duplicate portlets are seen in the destination.
To demonstrate this issue, consider the following Portal Tree structure in the Source environment:
1. In the Portal Admin Tool there is a book in the Library: LibBook1
2. Create a page in the Library: LibPage1
3. Add a portlet named First to the LibPage1 page
4. Add the LibPage1 page to the LibBook1 book
5. Create a portal named p1 and a desktop named d1 inside of the portal
6. Add LibBook1 to desktop d1 using the "Add and Sort" Feature
ScreenShot 1: Library Resource at the source end
ScreenShot 2: Desktop Resource at the Source end
7. Propagate from the source to the destination using the following ant tasks. Please refer to WLP - Propagation Overview and Internals for more details on propagation.
8. At the destination, you'll see that the structure has migrated properly without any exceptions or errors. However, you will see that the portlet named First appears twice.
ScreenShot 3: Desktop resource at the destination after propagation
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms