Last updated on MAY 13, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.1
You have an installation of Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software 2.0.1 deployed in a virtual configuration using version 18.104.22.168.0 of the Exalogic Control Stack. Under the Enterprise Manager Ops Center Control (EMOC), under the "Assets" accordion panel there are two "views" (selectable via a drop down menu) that allows you to view servers present in the system and any virtual machines running on those servers. The two views are selectable from a drop down menu offering the following choices:
- Exalogic Systems
- Server Pools
Under these views, if you locate and right click on a virtual server entry a "Virtual Console" menu option is available (and selectable) that allows you to initiate a VNC session that is started automatically by the OpsCenter console.
In the case of a virtual servers located anywhere under the "Assets" accordion panel that was created by a "Create vServer" job initiated by EMOC, when you right click and select "Virtual Console" option, the following sequence of events occurs and the VNC session is successfully established:
- the Blue "O" icon at the top right of the main browser window spins for 1-2 seconds (sometimes linger)
- in the Jobs area, a new job of type "Create ssh tunnel" is created
- after a few seconds a dialog box from the browser appears, requesting confirmation of the action to perform for a file "ovm_rasproxy-ws.jnlp" being returned to the browser
- it can be selected to open the file using the Java Web Start action and shortly after this a console window appears.
If the Virtual Server entry was created not by an EMOC "Create vServer" job but by creating a virtual server directly under Oracle VM Manager (using a create virtual machine or clone from template option), then the following occurs:
- the Blue "O" icon at the top right of the main browser window spins for 1-2 seconds
- no virtual Server new job of type "Create ssh tunnel" is created
- the dialog box from the browser appears, requesting confirmation of the action to perform for a file "ovm_rasproxy-ws.jnlp" never appears
- no VNC session is established
When you encounter this issue, the cacao log for the EnterpriseController (EC1) component of the Exalogic Control Stack (located at: /var/opt/sun/cacao2/instances/oem-ec/logs/cacao.0 in the filesystem of the virtual server running EC1) contains the following log sequence related to the failure:
However, whilst the above results in an error the virtual console of the same virtual server is working and can be accessed successfully from a similar menu option available from within the browser interface for the Oracle VM Manager control.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms