Prompt For Credentials When Opening Excel 2010 Document Protected By SSO Server in IE
(Doc ID 1517679.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On - Version 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.4.3 [Release 10gR2 to 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Microsoft Excel file protected thru Oracle AS Single Sign-On10g (SSO) via virtual location setting on mod_osso.conf
- Under this virtual location are located Excel documents:
3. Accessing URL thru a IE browser, for example http://<WEBSERVER_NAME>.<DOMAIN>:<PORT>/private/text.xls
4. Login authentication pop-up window appears to open file, as image shows:
5. Select open file with Microsoft Excel and Windows pop-up authentication window is opened as follows:
6. This does not occur if using FireFox or Chrome, for example.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document