Framework Folders: How To Change All Revisions Security on a Move? ForceSecurityFolderAllDocRevs Configuration Setting Has No Effect
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Framework Folders, there does not seem to be a way to have all revisions of a content item changed to match the security of a new folder, when a content item or a subfolder containing content is moved to a new folder.
In Folders_g, this is accomplished by setting ForceSecurityFolderAllDocRevs=true, but that doesn't seem to work in Framework Folders.
This can be reproduced as follows:
- The following configuration variables are set:
With FldShowAutoPropagateOption=true, you get a new option in the Move popupwindow, labeled "Auto propagate destination's metadata to file". By checking this option, content inherits the metadata of the new folder when it is moved.
- Create 2 folders as follows:
Folder Name: Account1
Folder Name: Account2
- Create a subfolder in the Account1 folder.
- Check an item into the subfolder. Wait until the item is released, then check it out and check in a new revision.
- Move the subfolder from the Account1 folder to the Account2 folder. On the Move popup window, click the link "show advanced options". Check the option "Auto propagate destination's metadata to folder", and click OK.
- The subfolder is moved the Account2 folder. Check the Content Information for the item in the subfolder.
The current revision is set to Account2. The URL points to the Account2 directory, and the file is physically moved in the weblayout directory to the Account2 directory on the filesystem.
The old revision is still set to Account1. The URL still points to the Account1 directory, and the file is still located in the weblayout directory in the Account1 directory on the filesystem.
The URL for both revisions works. However, what if you want all revisions changed to the new account, so the files should have been physically moved for all revisions (and the URL changed for all revisions)? In Folders_g, this is done by setting ForceSecurityFolderAllDocRevs=true, but this doesn't seem to have any effect in Folders_g.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms