"Update with Check-in" No Longer Works for Metadata Only Files
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue with updating Metadata Only items after applying <Patch 14646003> - WCC 126.96.36.199.0 BUNDLE (MLR 6) SEPT 18 2012
"Update with Checkin" no longer updates the file, and the content item stays as a metadata only item.
To reproduce the issue:
- Set AllowPrimaryMetaFile=true in the config.cfg file.
- Restart the UCM managed server.
- Checkin a new document with the Metadata Only check box checked.
- Navigate to the DOC_INFO page for the new item.
- Select Content Actions -> Update with Check-in.
- On the update screen select a primary file instead of Metadata only.
- Click Submit Update.
The primary file that you selected will not be added as the primary file for the content item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms