ODSEE - Slow Binds And Searches Impacting the Client Application
(Doc ID 1523882.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition - Version 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 08-Jul-2014***
- Binds and searches take 200ms, which causes issues for the application.
- No errors can be seen in the Directory Server access or error logs.
- All etimes for the reported binds and searches are 0 or subsecond.
- It was originally thought the problem was due to a STARTTLS performance <Bug 12240732> encountered in DSEE 6.x versions, but the problem persisted even after SSL was not used.
- In this case, there were no nagle errors (Configuration warning Cannot disable TCP/IP nagle algorithm: error -5962) in the logs with which to diagnose this type of issue. The only clues would be found in two locations:
1) Searches on cn=config that request many attributes to include nsslapd-nagle.
2) If trace debugging is gathered from the Tivoli Access Manager (TAM) system, "disableNagle" can be see many times in the trace logs.
CII ENTRY: MTSBase::disableNagle() - class method
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!