ODSEE - Slow Binds And Searches Impacting the Client Application
(Doc ID 1523882.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition - Version 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Binds and searches take 200ms, which causes issues for the application.
- No errors can be seen in the Directory Server access or error logs.
- All etimes for the reported binds and searches are 0 or subsecond.
- It was originally thought the problem was due to a STARTTLS performance Bug encountered in DSEE 6.x versions, but the problem persisted even after SSL was not used.
- In this case, there were no nagle errors (Configuration warning Cannot disable TCP/IP nagle algorithm: error -5962) in the logs with which to diagnose this type of issue. The only clues would be found in two locations:
1) Searches on cn=config that request many attributes to include nsslapd-nagle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document