Starting Directory Server Service From DSCC Console Fails With Errors / Configuration error nsslapd-pluginarg1 must be an absolute path () / Configuration error Unable to load plugin "cn=Strong Password Check,cn=plugins,cn=config"
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition - Version 6.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Directory Server version: 6.0
Operating System hosting DS: Solaris 10
- After a power failure, causing the machine hosting the Directory Server to be down, attempting to start up the Directory Server service fails.
- The following error occurs:
[14/Jan/2013:20:48:40 +0800] - ERROR - Bootstrap config - conn=-1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - Configuration error Unable to load plugin "cn=Strong Password Check,cn=plugins,cn=config".
- In the Directory Server configuration file "dse.ldif", the parameter "nsslapd-pluginarg1" is not set. It is required to set the location of the argument file which is required by the strong password plugin. The original dse.ldif looks like this:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Logon to the DSCC console.
- Press the Start radio button.
- Alternately, try the startup script at command-line and the result will be the same.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms