Problem With Partially Hidden Prompt When Using Edit With Word With Firefox.
(Doc ID 1526988.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.4 to 188.8.131.52.6 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The WebCenter Content server has been configured with Inbound Refinery Server (IBR) to display Word documents in PDF format.
In Firefox 12 and later, when a document is displayed in preview mode (PDF rendering) and the "Edit with Word" functionality is used, the
confirmation window is partially or fully hidden. The browser hangs waiting on the confirmation.
Note: the same issue might occur with Chrome browsers.
Step to reproduce the issue:
1. Configure UCM to use IBR for Word documents conversions to PDF file for web rendition.
2. Make sure the dynamic conversion is not enabled for those documents or not enabled at all.
3. Configure a web tier in front of both WebCenter and UCM.
4. Go to Documents and upload the word document. Upload the word document into PersonalSpaces to WebCenter Spaces.
Wait the necessary time for the IBR conversion jobs to convert the file to PDF.
5. Select the file, this shows the preview of the word document in PDF rendering format. This is the result of the IBR conversion.
6. Click on "Edit with Word" --> the confirmation window is hidden and the browser hangs. See the image below:
The FireFox browser has been upgraded to version 12 or later.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document