Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.5 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-mail messages generated from "Send Mail" link in the Events taskflow do not allow e-mail recipient(s) to Accept or Reject the event.
A Shared Mail Connection for sending mail notifications through the framework is configured in the Spaces component in a WebCenter Portal 126.96.36.199 environment as per the instructions in
<Document 1182383.1> - "How To Create a SMTP Only Mail Connection?"
Once this functionality is installed, the "Send Mail" link, available in the "Edit Event" dialog from the Events taskflow, contains an ICS-attachment which contains information about the event. The ICS attachment is an iCalendar file format that allows compatible scheduling programs to send or respond to events/tasks.
The body of an iCalendar object (the icalbody) consists of a calendar component such as the VEVENT. As per RFC 2446, "iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) Scheduling Events, BusyTime, To-dos and Journal Entries", the VEVENT calendar component can/must have the following properties :
SUMMARY 1 Can be null.
RECURRENCE-ID 0 or 1 only if referring to an instance of a recurring calendar component. Otherwise it MUST NOT be present.
SEQUENCE 0 or 1 MUST be present if value is greater than 0, MAY be present if 0
CATEGORIES 0 or 1 This property may contain a list of values
CLASS 0 or 1
COMMENT 0 or 1
CREATED 0 or 1
DESCRIPTION 0 or 1 Can be null
DTEND 0 or 1 if present DURATION MUST NOT be present
DURATION 0 or 1 if present DTEND MUST NOT be present
GEO 0 or 1
LAST-MODIFIED 0 or 1
LOCATION 0 or 1
PRIORITY 0 or 1
RESOURCES 0 or 1 This property MAY contain a list of values
STATUS 0 or 1 MAY be one of TENTATIVE/CONFIRMED/CANCELLED
TRANSP 0 or 1
URL 0 or 1
From this table, it can be seen that the ORGANIZER property is required for VEVENT calendar objects.
However, the ICS attachment generated from the Send Mail link does not have the ORGANIZER property defined. Below is a sample ICS-attachment generated by the Send Mail link :
Configured a Shared Mail Connection for sending mail notifications to WebCenter Spaces users.
- Configure Oracle SMTP server in WebCenter Spaces application according to the instructions in <Document 1182383.1>
- Create a new space
- Add custom attributes to the new space as per the instructions in step 3 from <Document 1182383.1>
- Add the Events taskflow to a page in the space created in step 2
- Create an event in the events taskflow
- Edit the event and click on the 'Send Mail' link
- A dialog box will appear in a new browser window. The dialog contains an attachment .ics which can be saved by doubleclicking the link
- Open the ICS file in a text editor. Notice that there is no ORGANIZER attribute within the VEVENT object
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms