Browser Is Redirected To Current Page Instead Of Home Page After Session Expiry After Upgrade From WebCenter Portal 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
(Doc ID 1529217.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter Portal 126.96.36.199 application, users are redirected to the application's Home page after session expiry.
The application was upgraded from release 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
After the upgrade, users are not redirected to the Home page after session expiry.
They get redirected to the last visited page after submitting their credentials on the Login page.
The 220.127.116.11 WebCenter Portal application was customized according to the guidelines in the following Internet blogs to handle navigation and session expiry:
Oracle is not responsible for instructions/info from 3rd party site
- Download the attached project file SampleApp.zip and unzip the contents.
- Open the SampleApp.jws from the unzipped content in JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 with the WebCenter Portal Framework extension installed.
- Run the application.
- The application will open in a browser. Login as your Weblogic user.
- The home.jspx page is displayed.
- Click Search Order link in menu to navigate to SearchOrd.jspx.
- In SearchOrd.jspx, click on the Submit button (no visual action, the browser will remain on the SearchOrd.jspx page).
- Wait until the session has expired.
- Acknowledge the session expiry by clicking on the OK button in the Page Expired message window - the browser redirects to the login page.
- Login again as your Weblogic user.
- On successful authentication, the browser is redirected to SearchOrd.jspx is instead of home.jspx.
The application was upgraded from WebCenter Portal 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document