Browser Is Redirected To Current Page Instead Of Home Page After Session Expiry After Upgrade From WebCenter Portal 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter Portal 220.127.116.11 application, users are redirected to the application's Home page after session expiry. The application was upgraded from release 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124. After the upgrade, users are not redirected to the Home page after session expiry. They get redirected to the last visited page after submitting their credentials on the Login page.
The 126.96.36.199 WebCenter Portal application was customized according to the guidelines in the following Internet blogs to handle navigation and session expiry:
- Download the attached project file SampleApp.zip and unzip the contents.
- Open the SampleApp.jws from the unzipped content in JDeveloper 188.8.131.52 with the WebCenter Portal Framework extension installed.
- Run the application.
- The application will open in a browser. Login as weblogic user.
- The home.jspx page is displayed.
- Click Search Order link in menu to navigate to SearchOrd.jspx.
- In SearchOrd.jspx, click on the Submit button (no visual action, the browser will remain on the SearchOrd.jspx page).
- Wait until the session has expired.
- Acknowlegde the session expiry by clicking on the OK button in the Page Expired message window - the browser redirects to the login page.
- Login again as weblogic user.
- On successful authentication, the browser is redirected to SearchOrd.jspx is instead of home.jspx.
The application was upgraded from WebCenter Portal 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms